Sodium Hypochlorite (Formula : NaOCl) is produced by reacting chlorine gas with caustic soda solution. It is a chemical compound with the formula NaOCl or NaClO, comprising a sodium cation (Na+) and a hypochlorite anion (OCl−or ClO−) that can be effectively used for water purification, and also used on a large scale for surface purification, bleaching, odor removal and water disinfection.
- Sodium Hypochlorite is the main ingredient in laundry bleach.
- It is used extensively as a bleaching agent in the textile, detergents, and paper and pulp industries.
- It is also used as an oxidizing agent for organic products.
- In the petrochemical industry, sodium hypochlorite is used in petroleum products refining.
- Large quantities are also used as a disinfectant in water and wastewater treatment and sanitary equipment.
- In food processing, sodium hypochlorite is used to sanitize food preparation equipment, in fruit and vegetable processing, mushroom production, hog, beef and poultry production, maple syrup production, and fish processing.
For more information, let's get in touch with usContact Us